Friend or Foe - Chapter 1
Go to the BBC site link below and listen to the first chapter.
Match the feelings to the event. How does David feel when these events are happening?
Listen to Chapter 2
Follow the next link
Task: Match the feeling to the event- mark your answers after
Feelings : frightened, relieved, nervous, agitated, homesick, self- conscious, worried, grateful
1. David's mother brings him a sliced apple in bed
2. David meets Tucky at the underground station..
3. David says goodbye to his mother at Highbury and Islington station and does not cry.
4. David travels on the underground to Paddington where there are lots of other children.
5. David sits in a train carriage with Mrs Roberts, who smokes all the way
6. David arrives in Devon and is given soup and Bread.
7. All the other children are chosen and David and Tucky are left.
8. Mr Reynolds decides to take David and Tucky home with him.